Saturday, January 1, 2011

And THAT'S how we start the new year!





This is my room...well part of it. (YES its purple)



I'm not going to lie- I think new years is a waste of a holiday- except for the fact that I worked a full day today and got time and a half, also holiday pay. Have I mentioned I LOVE my job. Anyway- that's not what this post is about. So I had new years eve off and what does a person who doesn't really celebrate new years do? She cleans her room. And by 'cleans' I do not mean I pulled out the vacuum and ten minutes later it was done. NO. I stripped my bed, dusted everything like normal but then I decided that wasn't good enough. I pulled all the furniture out (except my bed, that's too big to move by myself, I simply crawled underneath) and cleaned all my baseboards, I dusted my shoes, my books, I cleaned under my bed- I vacuumed every square inch of carpet and every surface and item in my closet. I even vacuumed the speakers on my stereo. that may not sound like a big deal but my closet alone took me over an hour- probably closer to two hours. As you can see, I have quite a lot of stuff in my closet- books packed on the top shelf and shoes stacked in boxes below.

My whole room took just over four hours but can I just say it looked amazing and smelled fresh and clean and there was not a particle of dust left in the place- maybe because it was all over me. Also, I don't think I've sneezed so much in one morning ever. But it was totally worth it and I can't think of anything more productive to do on the eve of a new year.

1 comment:

mjseavers said...

love it! can you do that to my entire house??