I know I already posted today but I have to get this out while it is fresh on my mind...or in my mouth rather... let me back up
I have really great teeth- but not so great gums. I used to like the dentist- and then I stopped going because Every time I go I have to have this discussion:
Hygienist: Are you sure you are flossing everyday??
Me: yes I am sure.
Hygienist: Are you flossing the right way?
Me: yes (I think to myself- how many ways are there to floss really??!)
Hygienist: It really doesn't look like you are flossing daily.
Me: I do. If I didn't there would be plaque on my teeth, which there isn't.
Hygienist: That's true. I guess there must be another reason (she says half in disbelief)
basically I get really sick of it. for heaven's sake I am not 12 yrs old. Anyway, because of this gum issue the dentist prescribed me a medicated mouth wash and told me to use it morning and night for a week to two weeks. No big deal right? WRONG. This stuff tastes worse than anything I have ever tasted. The night time rinse ruins my breakfast in the morning and the morning one ruins my food all day- that's how strong this stuff is!! Imagine if you will what it would taste like if you licked a hospital floor....that is what I'm tasting right now!!! it is horrible!!!
4 comments:
I hate the dentist. That sucks. I'm so sorry.
I loved that you compared it to tasting the hospital floor. That's so sick!
I hope you don't really know what a hospital floor tastes like, but the description was fantastic. I feel like I can totally imagine how horrible that would taste.
Are you a mouth breather? I always have gum issues because I am a mouth breather - and it is worse because I run. I totally feel your pain!
Post a Comment