Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Break time

I am taking a break. A "buying" break. Which is going to be a real test of my self control. You see I work in a clothing store...a clothing store that I happen to love. I never go 'shopping' I simply go to work and see things day in and day out that I think I need. But the fact is I don't need them. I have had a standing rule that if I buy something and haven't worn it, or in some cases even taken it out of the bag or even out of my car in a week then it must go back. No matter how much I "love" it or "need" it. Don't get me wrong, my spending is never out of control- I can always pay off my credit card. But just because I can afford it doesn't mean I should be spending all my money on it. I have better things to use my money on- and lets face it, I'm running out of room to keep all this stuff.

I'm already doing better and in fact- I have a credit on my card. I don't think I've ever had a negative balance on that card before...but its not just a store card- its a visa, which means I will just use that credit to buy my friend a bridal shower gift. problem solved, credit gone, spending done :)

No comments: