Today I am supposed to tell you about my day- but I will of course only do part of that because that would probably under normal circumstances be pretty dull. What I will tell you is that today I realized how much I have to be grateful for. I don't want to sound mushy and stuff but I think I take life for granted most days and today it was brought to my attention.
DO you ever have those experiences where you realize after the fact that you barely escaped death ...I had three of those experiences today. Now that's driving the point home. Nothing like 3 wake up calls to make you grateful to be alive.
1. The first I can't really tell you about because it isn't only my experience and the others involved have sworn me to silence (for the time being) I will say that it could have ended very very badly for quite a few people if someone hadn't been in the right place at the right time.
2. As I was coming down a hill at about 45 mph a car decided it wanted to turn into the suicide lane but at the last second decided they were going to slow down and not actually enter the left turn lane and instead came to almost a complete stop in my lane. Lets just say its a good thing I have really good tires and brakes- I really was not in the mood to t-bone a car tonight.
3. also involves a car. I decided I was going to leave work early tonight because I was just tired. So I clocked out about 15 min early and grabbed my stuff. But for some reason I didn't leave. I just stood there and talked to a co-worker about nothing for about 10 min and finally at 5 to six I though "what am I still doing here, I have things to do tonight". So I left the mall and headed home...after missing the suicide driver I realized that traffic was pretty much stopped at the intersection ahead. Then an ambulance sped past me in the opposite direction. As I drove past the accident I saw two very totaled cars- probably someone ran a red light- The accident was bad- and judging from the scene I'd say it had happened about 10 min before...give or take a min or two. Had I left work when I originally planned that might have been my car...it might not have been...but I would have been real close and at least would probably have had to watch it happen.
So today I am grateful to be alive. I am now going to go play with some friends, see tangled, and then come home and work on my lesson for Sunday school tomorrow and hope that tomorrow I don't have to do any speed watching of my life tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment