Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 2- First Love

Ok so I know the idea of the post was to tell everyone about the first time I was ever in love- but truth is i'm still waiting for that to happen. I have never been in love...I have had boyfriends and crushes but if i'd really been in love with any of them we might still be together. So instead I will tell you about my first love in another area of my life....Les Miserables.
When I was 7 years old Les Miserables came to Sacramento and my parents got tickets for everyone but my little brother and I. I thought I didn't care so much but a few weeks before I decided I felt left out and I really did want to go. So my parents- being the amazing people they are got me and my brother a ticket to see the show. So off we went to our first musical theater experience...
Hello amazing!! The songs the stage the props it was all amazing. The characters had depth and emotion and I absolutely fell in love. I didn't want it to end. So I came home and from that day on I listened to the soundtrack. I memorized the words and it became a central part of my life.

Inside one of our closets was an old dress coat and I would put it on and sing "on my own" at the top of my lungs and dream of being on stage as Eponine some day. That's still the goal but for now I am content to just watch it from the main floor every chance I get. I LOVE this play and I don't think I will ever get tired of listening to it.

1 comment:

mjseavers said...

So true! It was my first musical as well and I'm very much in love with the sound track. I'll be honest though, I don't much care for the Lovely Ladies song. And my Dad would sing Bring Him Home before I even knew the musical and hearing him sing it still brings tears to my eye's. Thanks for sharing =)