Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pants on the Ground

My last post (which was from an email my mom sent me) reminded me of an episode of American idol this season. I didn't really watch it but my niece and nephew introduced me to this particular episode. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, an older gentleman (62 yrs) wrote his own song titled "pants on the ground" it was pretty funny. So out of curiosity I looked on itunes and there it was. You can purchase "pants on the ground" for $1.29. It has a ton of downloads. What is our society coming to?! haha. In the words of Simon "I have a scary feeling that song could be a hit"

If you haven't seen it, look it up. "American Idol 2010 auditions- A crazy moment with "pants on the Ground" & General Larry Platt

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiQkGouzck4

3 comments:

Jen said...

My nieces and nephews LOVE "pants on the ground". I'll be honest, it gets old fast.

Lori Ann said...

yes it does! which is why I think its so funny that people actually download the song...just watch it on you tube if you must but to actually pay for it...haha

mjseavers said...

So my favorite spin-off of "Pants in the ground" was when Jimmy Fallon did it on his show as a Neil young impersonator. I think it was way more moving and it cracked my up how much Jimmy sounds like Neil Young. Check it out yo . . .
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/15/pants-on-the-ground-neil_n_424468.html