"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Friday, April 9, 2010
What is the point???
I'm sitting at work yesterday and a co-worker says to me, "oh my gosh, only 12 more days of my diet. the end is in sight. I can make it" I didn't say anything but i'm thinking to myself, what is the point of a diet anyway? you deprive yourself of stuff for a month of two or however long the dumb thing is and then what...you count down till the end when you can eat all the crap you ate before. But you probably eat twice as much since you've been deprived of it for so long! completely pointless. diets are stupid. End of soap box :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I quite agree. I've heard people who want to make a life style change, with their eating habits so it continues on longer than a month or so. That's really what it should be. Nothing too extreme where you're not happy but making lifestyle changes for the betterment of your body and health. Ok . .end of MY soapbox =)
P.S. I hope you're not bothered I jumped on your blog. I found it on Emily's and I love what you write about. It cracks me up =)
hahaha of course I am not bothered..haha and I quite agree with your soapbox. :)
I hate diets too, totally pointless! I've been making a life style change since Nov. Sometimes I do much better than others but of course it's a process. I've lost 12 pounds (now at my pre-pregnancy weight) which is a plus but not what it's all about for me. I don't care what I weigh, it's all about how I feel.
that's awesome jen!! congrats...i'm trying to do the same...some days are better than others but its not short term like a diet :)
but those chocolate chip cookies are SO good . . . and if I diet every few months then I can eat them here and there, too!
really, i don't think that way, but i kind of see where people are coming from, kind of.
my weird quirk - I won't go shopping because i don't want any more clothes in this size . . . but I oh so desperately need clothes. I've lost the pre-pregnancy weight, but my stomach muscles haven't forgiven me. . .
haha Caitlin that is awesome...I totally think the same way..although at least your stomache muscles have a reason to hold a grudge...mine hate me just because I was lazy. :)
I hope you don't mind I don't check in very often but I just did today!
I saw on The Biggest Loser, Jillian recommends eating really strictly 2-3 days per week, then kind of medium-strict a couple of days a week, and then eating whatever you want the other day or two. I thought it was a great way to do it because it keeps you satisfied without really causing too many problems. :) I agree wholeheartedly about the dieting thing - people should definitely take it in moderation so they don't stop and gain it all back!
Post a Comment