Monday, April 26, 2010

Don't ask..

I begin with an apology to anyone who is planning on being a broadcast journalist. But why do they always ask the dumbest questions?!?! I came home the other day and my parents had the news on. They were doing some coverage of the tornado ravaged cities..they showed footage of cities that had been ripped apart and the reporter asks, "wow, do these people feel lucky to be alive?" um duh. But I realized they do it ALL the time...anyone remember the Olympics... the capital of stupid questions..."you just missed the medal podium, how does that feel?" I mean for the love, what do you expect these people to say...think about your questions before you open your mouth!!

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

3 comments:

Jen said...

Amen.

I also have a problem with women doing sports broad casting.

pandaswat.sarah said...

Totally stalked you and found your blog. Are you creeped out? :)

PS This is one reason I hate watching the news. The other reason: it's too depressing.

Lori Ann said...

hahaha I LOVE being stalked by you!! haha