So for a week now I've had a swimsuit sitting on my bed. Mostly it was there because it is too big and I need to exchange it for the right size. So today, I finally talked myself into taking it to the post office. I really really didn't want to go but I did. I took my mom so I'd have more motivation to actually get in the car. As I'm driving, I somehow manage to get behind a man on a joy ride. And I do literally mean he was joy riding. 20 mph in his convertible in a 25mph zone. (anyone who knows me well knows that I HATE slow drivers) so after several blocks behind him I finally get to turn into the post office. Low and behold it is closed. I must have missed the memo that says the post office is no longer open on Saturdays. BLAST. So my mom says, "well UPS can send it insured mail". Perfect. I drive over to UPS and no joke, as I am pulling into the parking lot I see the employee closing the door. I thought no way its only 2:54pm. They have to be open until 3pm at least. So I pull up right in front of it to see if I can find posted hours or something. As we sit there I see him pulling his gate across the counter to lock up the register. He really was closing for the day! I sat there stunned for a minute and gave up. I pulled out of my parking spot and as I'm pulling away from the building my mom says "wait a minute". I turn around and the employee has come out and unlocked the door. At this point I was so annoyed with him that I just blew him off and drove away. I mean seriously, did he really think I was going to do a 12 point turn in the parking lot. He couldn't have opened the door while I was still sitting in my parking space. Perhaps he is unaware that the economy sucks and he needs every one's business. Its Saturday. And this is Utah. Everyone does everything at the last minute. He doesn't get to close 6 min early. Or perhaps in his world he does...and in my world the US post office will be getting my business on Monday. What a waste of my time!! Strike 2!
PS ( in case you are wondering about strike 1-UPS messed something up at work)
No comments:
Post a Comment