Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mystery No More

Back in January I wrote a post about my experience with the doctor at the insta care. Well, a few days after that post I started to feel better so I started working out. The very next day I was sick again. I felt exactly as I did the week before. Horribly sick for a day and then gradually got better. My mom and I decided I should probably not try and work out for awhile since I seemed to have a relapse each time. After a few days I felt a ton better...except that I was tired all the time. Now when I say tired I mean that I would be watching TV and at like 7pm I had to get in bed. Not just the "oh I'm tired" I literally HAD to get in bed. I was pretty sure I had Mono. too old or not. So I started taking it slower. If I wasn't at work I was resting. Finally at the end of March I decided to go get a check up with a real doctor. I had him order some blood work and he tested for a TON of things. Six vials of blood. ouch. Anyway, someone, either the lab or my doctor's office, lost my lab results. So from the end of March until today my tests were floating, unclaimed, in the world of hospital records. The MA called me today and informed me that my blood work showed 3 antibodies suggesting that my body had at some point been fighting mono. As of March, I had previously had mono. And since I've never had anything similar to that before January I can safely assume that I have solved the mystery of my exhaustion. hooray. And pox on that retarded doctor who did not do blood work on me because he didn't think my glands were swollen enough and who thought I was too old to have mono. Lame!! And thanks for Nothing!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Lame of the doctor, but at least you have an idea of what's going on now.

Jen said...

When Jeff got sick on our honeymoon we came back and asked the dr about it. she decided not to order the tests. 48 hours later we were in the er getting him hydrated because he hadn't been able to eat or drink. the er sure did the tests and what did he have, mono. doctors don't know it all, all the time, like some think they do.