"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Friday, April 2, 2010
You get what you expect...
yesterday I was driving down to springville and just before the University ave exit I suddenly found myself in bumper to bumper traffic. I thought this was strange since it was about 6:30pm and well past the more congested areas of I-15. I mean really...how many people live south of provo? Anyway, I had decided that there must be an accident. It was snowing pretty heavily. It wasn't sticking on the roads but visibility was pretty bad. As I continued to creep along the freeway I saw on my right a large construction sign that said "4/10/10 expect delays" Interesting. As it was only the 1st, I concluded the congestion could not be a by product of construction. As I passed the sign the traffic broke and I was once again going a normal freeway speed. I was glad that no one was in an accident. Still there was no explaination for the slowing...not a flat tire, a ticket, or a cop in sight. Everyone was told to expect delays and I can only conclude that because they were expecting them they actually created delays. Oh the power of the subconscious mind. I could be totally off on my conclusions but that's all I have....interesting but mostly it was annoying. I can't stand traffic as it is...but pointless traffic is even worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen to that sister!
Post a Comment