Thursday, April 1, 2010

"I just haven't met you yet"




Last night my brother Dave, his wife Leslie, my mom, my niece, and I went to see Michael Buble at the E center in west valley Utah. first let me say, we were in traffic for almost an hour...there is one entrance into the parking lot and no traffic cops..whose bright idea was that?? plus it was snowing so no one wanted to walk the mile to get in. so after struggling to get into the venue we reached our seats and my feet were immediately glued to the floor. And I do mean literally glued to the floor. I have never felt a stickier floor anywhere!! The longer your feet were stationary the harder it was to lift them...That being said. The opening act- naturally 7 was actually really fun. They are an all male acapella group...normally I don't care for acapella groups but these guys were really entertaining and fun to watch. Then Michael himself came out...his opening was definitely an attention grabber. His live band was incredible. In case you are wondering...he sounds just a great live as on his CD and for the type of music he sings his concert was really entertaining. He was funny and definitely performs to his crowd. The only thing I was disappointed with was his occasional slip of inappropriate language...other than that the show was well worth the money. Plus my niece is crazy about him so it was entertaining just to sit next to her and feel her excitement at being at her first concert. So fun!!
An interesting thing happened as well...I was reminded that we as a society need to lighten up sometimes. I noticed during his 3 song encore that hundreds of people were rushing up the stairs to exit the venue before everyone else. As I watch this exodus I say to myself "you people payed good money to see this show and now you are rushing out before the man is even done performing" what a waste...I can't even imagine paying money to see some one's show and then getting up and leaving before they were even done...and for what?? To shave 30 min off your drive home? totally pointless. I stayed in my seat and watched through to the end and guess what...I still got home :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh!! I am sooo jealous!