Fact about me: My brain works better under pressure.
OK maybe it doesn't but it feels like it...mostly because under pressure I don't have time to be a perfectionist. Example: I did A LOT of writing in college! And every semester I had really great intentions of starting my papers early, and I tried a few times....basically what ended up happening was I wasted time. Because I would write it, then I'd read it critically then I'd write it again- I'd waste 3 days and then the night before when I was completely out of time to do anything else I would sit down and type for hours straight. Spell check. proof read and print. Done. That's how English was in high school too....free flow writing. I start writing and as long as I'm not interrupted my brain spits out a pretty organized logical product that is usually good enough to get me an A. So you could argue that I have classically conditioned my brain to perform this way- I still do it. I'm not in school but I do it with talks in church and my Sunday school lessons every other week. I read it before hand but I can't for the life of me, as hard as I try, get it on paper if I have more than 24 hours to go....so basically deadlines encourage good things to come out of my head....
well, I am starting a new blog, one a little more focused than just my own ramblings and I am petrified of not doing it perfect. which is totally irrational. But I can't help it. I keep writing drafts and drafts but the problem is- there is no deadline. No one even knows the address yet- so I keep picking it apart! I'm way to demanding when it comes to my writing. I love writing and I have really high standards for myself when I write for real....so who knows how long it will be until I actually publish anything on my blog...ahhh...why can't good enough just be good enough sometimes?!
No comments:
Post a Comment