

Have you ever felt so close to someone you've never even met? It probably sounds crazy but it happens to me quite frequently. I have been reading my grandma's personal history- which I should have read years ago. She passed away in 2003 but I was too busy being into myself to take the time to think about connecting to my family. I got about 2 pages into it and started crying...which is NOT something new and different for me. What is interesting is the part I started crying about. My grandma was talking about her parents, about her mother specifically and from her description and from pictures I've seen, I just know we would have been kindred spirits. I can look at her face and tell you where I got so many of my personality traits. Which sounds crazy since she died in 1942. But I think personalities are genetic. My brothers have very similar personalities/mannerisms and they didn't really ever live together. Or maybe its not genetics at all. Maybe she and I were just really great friends in the pre-existance and spent lots of time together. I see so much of myself in this woman who I've never met. As I read about her, brief as the description was, I felt a deep loss. I am grateful to her for her for who she was...for pressing forward through hard times. I wish I could talk to her right now...I know I have to wait, but I can tell you that at the very least, the first 1000 yrs of my eternity will be spent in deep discussion with the incredible people who have made my life possible.
2 comments:
I have an ancestor named Elizabeth Martin. I feel a strong connection with her because when I was younger and would make believe, I would always have my pretend name be Elizabeth Martin, not knowing of any Elizabeth Martin at the time... it was just a random name to me.
When I was in YW and went to do baptisms for the dead for the first time, I came across her name in our genealogy and knew I had to get baptized for her. It was such a neat experience for me and I'm excited to meet her again.
Haha oh my that is so cool!! I love stories like that!! I think you guys were probably BFF's :) i'm excited for you to meet her again too!! so cool! thanks for sharing that!
Post a Comment