
I'm at work today- drawing floor maps for our inventory that is next week- and I see a woman just in front of me on her phone. I don't know why but something she said caught my attention....please keep in mind that its about 2:45pm at this particular moment.....
this is her conversation:
"what time is conference?"
"2-4? well we'd have to leave right now and we're still at the mall!"
"oh yeah we could go to the 4 o'clock session"
"totally, we'll grab something to eat and meet up with you for the 4 o'clock session"
gets off the phone walks over to her mom and says, "yeah mom, we are going to meet up with her for the 4pm session"
Really? are people that stupid? you have already missed 45 min of the session so even if you left NOW you wouldn't make it. (benefit of the doubt: maybe she is from California and her watch wasn't set to current time so she thought it was 1:45-although her cell should have reset when she crossed time zones) Also, and most importantly, there is no 4pm session, unless you live on the east coast...but being as you are standing right in front of me, it is safe to say you are currently in Utah and STILL missing that session. There is a 6pm session but since you are not male you aren't invited to that one...so either way, looks like you are not going to get much out of conference today. my suggestion...you should activate your brain or talk more quietly on the phone so others, such as myself, don't overhear your conversations and judge you. And I am...because even though I grew up in California and my instinct tells me conference is at 9 and 1...my brain kicks in fairly quickly and I remember what time zone I'm in...
sorry lady, but it looks like you are missing more than just conference...
No comments:
Post a Comment