"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Use your words...
I manage people for a living. So whenever I go to other establishments I notice the employees, mostly asking myself if I would have hired this person. well, last night I went to a frozen yogurt place with some friends. This particular one closed at 11pm and since I work retail I never stay somewhere after they close. I always leave right at closing. So at 10:58 the girl working walks over to the front door and locks it. And let me just tell you -it wasn't the type of lock that only locks from the outside but you can still push open and exit. Also let me tell you that my friends and I were not the only people in this place...half the PG cheerleading team was there as well. At her not so subtle hint my friends and I decided to leave. I walked over to the door- knowing full well that I would have to unlock it to get out but I wanted to see what this employee was going to do. I start to push on the door and she runs over and says, "oh sorry" all innocent like she was unaware that there had been 12 people in her store when she locked the door and we wouldn't be able to exit....I mean come on, she can't be THAT stupid. She's not stupid-she's passive aggressive. Here is my problem with her actions, if you want people to leave just come right out and say it...."Hey guys thanks so much for coming in tonight but I have to lock up now", or "we are closing in about five minutes", or "can I help you with anything else before we close"....LOTS of ways to get your point accross without locking your patrons in the building. Just some advice, making people feel awkward has never been agreat customer service technique....save the not so subtle hints and use your words!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment