Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Like Bees to honey



This post has nothing to do with bees or honey. Its about socially awkward people who are always drawn to me. I have no idea why. Let me explain. Last night I went to my zumba class like I do several times a week. Last night the class was pretty empty (most people showed up late) There was about 5 of us in a fairly large room and this woman walks in and comes and stands directly behind me. I'm talking like 2 feet or less...she might as well have just climbed on my back! she was THAT close to me. No worries though, I've done a lot of formation dancing so I simply moved once the song started....and she is so awkward she didn't notice because she was staring at the teacher. however, once the song ended she was right next to me again. Just to test it out, I shifted further over....and she shifted with me. I moved back thinking "maybe I took her spot and she wants to be in the front" Nope...she moved back when I did. So basically I only got a half work out last night because I was so worried about getting hit by the flailing uncontrolled coordination-less arms 2" from my head. My only conclusion I can draw is that she wanted to be near the front so she could see, but she didn't want to BE seen- so she hid behind me. Seriously though....you cannot stand that close to a person in a zumba class...you have to stagger for safety reasons....and also because its weird. If she is there again tonight I am moving to the opposite side of the room. I don't really like bees anyway.

No comments: