Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Spongbob??


I have come to the conclusion that some people are simply sponges. They literally suck the life out of you and give nothing back. I have a few "sponge bob" friends. Now, when I say friends, please realize I am using that term VERY loosely. Some how I get sucked into thinking I can help these people, that they just need to be given a chance. I can see their potential and if I just hang on a little longer they will get better. WRONG! this is exactly the kind of thinking that leaves you a shriveled shell of the person you once were. I don't know if you've seen sponge bob square pants but he is a great example. He means well but he drives squidwerd nuts. Sponge bob friends will suck you dry. The key is recognizing who the sponges are in your life and just simply walking away. So to my sponges (who aren't reading this blog so really I'm just venting) I say- Go away. Go find someone else to suck the life out of...I refuse to let you absorb anymore of my energy, patience, and self worth. If I let you stay I will have nothing left to give someone who actually deserves my friendship.

No comments: