"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Hello? are you still out there??
I am going to get on my soap box. Today I volunteered to help collect the trash through the church building. Not a big deal it takes about 5 minutes. However, about a year ago the men in the ward were responsible for taking down the chairs in the building and gathering all the trash. They took turns assigning the job to different guys each week. WELL, some of the boys (and yes I use the word BOYS deliberately rather than the word MEN) got tired of it and passed half the building to the women, the side with all the dirty diapers. whatever- well recently the boys have now decided that the women should also take down chairs on that same side of the building. Um excuse me- have you ever tried to take down multiple chairs while wearing heals and a skirt- its not that easy. One or two chairs is fine but over and over it gets a bit awkward. PLUS hello?? what happened to all the gentlemen. But what is really sparking this post is the fact that at least five of the boys in my ward watched me walk a full trash bag out to the dumpster at the other end of the parking lot (one boy was about ten feet in front of me and didn't bother to take the bag from me). What the heck!! I'm sorry but perhaps this is the reason these boys are not married or even seriously dating anyone- because they are thoughtless selfish cry babies. I don't mind helping but I do mind the expectation. Be a gentleman- stop depending on your looks to get you dates and try a bit of chivalry- it will get you farther in the long run!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment