"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Monday, October 4, 2010
Ask and ye shall receive
A few weeks ago I posted about an elderly man at the mall and the $5 bill that has been lurking in my wallet. True to that post I have been unable to use that money for anything. It truly is not mine any longer. Anyway, I am happy to report that I will not need to frame it and keep it as a reminder of a missed opportunity. But that is not the purpose of this post. Simply a beginning. Since my previous post I have walked past his car every night looking to see if he has left his window open at all- even a tiny crack would do. But each night I passed, all the windows were up. I began to realize that it is fall, and soon it will be snowy. I have no idea if he will be coming to the mall during the winter, I can't remember having seen him before this year. And even if he did come, with the snow his windows would most definitely be rolled up. So last night as I knelt down to pray I decided to ask that the opportunity would present itself. That at least one window would be down and I would be able to slip it in unnoticed. Well- "ask and ye shall receive" as I walked out to my car with a co-worker his driver side window was rolled down a couple of inches, which was a small miracle considering it had been raining all day! I walked to my car, got out the $5 bill, and waited for my co-worker to drive away. I pulled up next to his car, slipped it in and drove away saying a silent prayer of gratitude for small miracles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment