
I just finished watching this movie with my mom (who is finally home from Cali) and it made me start to think about all the Jane Austin movies I've seen. Which naturally started me thinking about the screwed up logic of the time period in which these films are set. Exhibit A: Modesty. I would like someone to explain to me why in the world it was indecent to show one's ankles BUT the same woman could have half her chest hanging out of her dress and be considered in perfect taste. I'm sorry I just don't understand.
PS this is a very good version of S&S- I would actually like to merge this and the Emma Thompson version to create perfection.
2 comments:
Haha, Lori this is great. I seriously love this. I love Pride and Prejudice.. I've watched it about 17 times in the last week.
Ok I'm pretty sure that the fashion in these movies is not totally historically accurate. I'm pretty sure their dresses were covered up to their necks with lace and other frilly fabrics, even if the main part was lower. They totally did not show their boobs.
Post a Comment