Wednesday, May 9, 2012

With Skin As White As Snow

My friend Britnee is super woman.  Really she is.  Just last week she coordinated a fundraiser for an elementary school in Orem.  It was basically and outdoor carnival with tons and tons of stations.  A few months ago, in preparation for this carnival she asked me if I could be snow white.  I of course said yes.  I love any excuse to dress up as a princess.  Plus I feel like it justifies how much money I actually spent making the dumb dress.  Anyway, So last Friday night I dressed up and sat in an archway for the princess bean bag toss.  They toss the bean bags and then they get to take a picture with the princess if they want to.  Not hard.  I didn't even have to run the game- just sit there, smile, and wave. 


I have decided that I need to do this stuff more often.  It was great on my self esteem.  Tons of little girls just starring wide eyed at me.  Also hearing things like "Oh! She is Sooooo pretty!"  who doesn't like that?!  At one point Britnee's daughter came over to play and I was a little nervous she would recognize me- since she comes into work all the time with her mom.  But she didn't.  She was all smiles and it made my night.  Later, talking to Britnee I found out that her daughter said, "Mom, how did you get the real snow white to come?"  YES!!  I am convinced it's because my skin really is pale and I don't wear a wig like so many girls do.  I'm real and they are not. Win!! 

As the carnival was winding down I did realize that hundreds of strangers were going home with pictures of me.  That was a little weird, but the girl running the booth pointed out that if I was at Disneyland it would be thousands.  So I decided to not let it bother me.  It was so much fun- the only problem I had was sore cheeks from smiling for 3 hours. 

2 comments:

pandaswat.sarah said...

This is awesome. For real. You really do make the most authentic snow white.

Also, I just wanted you to know I appreciate your blog. I don't usually comment, but I usually love everything you say. Just thought you should know.

Also, I love my hair, so thanks again. :)

Lori Ann said...

haha and also I love you! You are welcome.