Why do some parents act like they have zero control over what their children do? let me give you two examples of what I mean.
1. I am at work. Super crazy busy and I hear the sound of the towers beeping at the door. I go up to see what's going on and there is a small child. Maybe 7 months old crawling on the mall floor (sick btw- I don't even want to know the germs she is picking up since no one even knows the last time that floor was disinfected. yuck) But not only is she crawling but she is simultaneously pushing one of our carts (carts we use to fold on) out the door. On top of this car is a whole bunch of sensors a co-worker had been using. So as she is pushing the towers are responding to the senors and the parents are just laughing. Meanwhile I have to stop what I'm doing to take the cart away from the child and bring it back into the store. Last time I checked mom or dad could have just picked her up and avoided the whole thing. If not for social reasons for health reasons.
2. I went to dinner with some friends and as we are talking we hear this shrill whistle sound. I look up and there is a toddler at the next table holding a whistle. Don't worry mom didn't take it away. She let him continue to blow on it even though is was disturbing to every other patron of the restaurant. This child is going to be horrible when he grows up because the sister took the whistle and mom got mad at her. She gave it back to the little boy and he continued to blow on it while mom just smiled.
Parents. you are bigger than your kids. Just take stuff away. Also, don't sit there and smile at unacceptable behavior. Your children are going to get arrested because they don't know what is and is not okay in a public venue. At this stage in life you still have some control over your children- so I suggest you teach them now and not wait until they are teenagers and towering over you. They can barely walk/talk- don't act like you can't stop them.
No comments:
Post a Comment