So tonight while getting ready for bed...actually, let me back up. I am leaving my current position at my full time job- which means very shortly I am losing my health insurance which is amazing. So I've been on a 'stay-cation' for about 1 1/2 weeks now. using my paid time off. Anyway, while on this break I decided to take care of stuff that I usually don't make time for. So this morning I had some blood drawn and then I went and had a really ugly mole removed. At this point I just want to stop and say that the only people working in the Dr's offices today were attractive 20 something year old men. I was anticipating an embarrassing moment but to my delight- it never came.
Anyway, the Dermatologist did his thing and put a band aid over it. I left his office and went about my day. Part of my day was also phase one of cleaning my car. Wash it, vacuum out the inside. (phase 2 is on Saturday when I get to scrub and extract the filth from the upholstery. which I hate but it has to be done. If anyone wants to help just let me know!).
Then on to my recital which wasn't horrible- I'm not completely happy with it, but I never am. Came home and watched a psych episode and started getting ready for bed around 9pm (yes I know that's early but I'm exhausted. I would be asleep already but I wanted to blog first)
As I am taking the bobby pins out of my hair I'm looking at the place where he removed my mole and I'm thinking something looks a little off. I realized the skin around it was lighter than the rest of my skin. I had a brief moment where I thought, "weird, I wonder if the neosporin is bleaching my skin. But in a perfect circle?" Seriously- perfectly symmetrical- like a crop circle, only on my neck. Then I realized that my arms, and chest were sunburned. And THEN I remembered that he had put a round band aid on my neck and I had it on while washing my car- outside. My skin isn't bleaching, just everything else around it got darker. Sometimes I think I should dye my hair blond and just accept my dumb moments. Either that or I need to get outside more often so I can remember what tan lines look like. I wish I could have taken a picture but it is so faint that you can't really see it except in person. But I thought anyone who knows me might enjoy my spacey moment.
1 comment:
That totally sounds like something I'd think... hahaha Oh, Lori. Thanks for the giggle. :)
Post a Comment