Thursday, November 17, 2011

Not Yours to Gamble...

Guess what...you are NOT Paul Walker and you have not been cast in Too Fast Too Furious. Seriously, I have driven to work the last two days and I have almost been hit 3 times. Two of those times were within 5 minutes of each other. Mr. Honda Civic with the extra large headlights decided he was going to pass me on the right and then barely leave enough room when he decided to cut me off AND THEN 2 minutes later a silver Subaru with something to prove decides that even though his lane is ending, he's going to continue to speed up. Good thing I was paying attention because if I had not stepped on my brakes he would have hit my car from the right at about 60 mph knocking me into on coming traffic. Nice. I love when other people decide to take chances with my life and/or property. The worst part about all this, within one light, they both ended up BEHIND me anyway. The funny thing is, at the time I didn't really even think about that they could have killed me. The first thing I thought was, "I would never date a guy who drove like that". Sounds irrational? maybe. but maybe not. You see, a person who drives like that is selfish. They are only thinking of themselves and what they want. Which is a symptom of the way their brain processes. Also, someone who drives like that is probably going to have high insurance premiums due to multiple tickets/accidents. Also that person has a higher chance of killing themselves in an accident. Moral of the story...don't be a Jerk!! My life is not yours to gamble.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

wish there was a "like" button. enough said

Emily said...

Man, horrible drivers like this are such a pet peeve of mine! Well, I'm not sure if pet peeve is a strong enough term. A pet peeve of mine, for sure, is when I honk my horn or give them the "what were you thinking?" look and THEY get upset or flip me off. So many times people don't take responsibility for being stupid drivers... just apologize for making a dumb mistake, even if the case is that they're just plain stupid, I'll feel better if they just apologize.