Yesterday at work we were running a promotion- Spend $100 get $40 off. We were totally busy...and I jumped on a register to help move the line along. The customer who came up had a jacket he was purchasing and it rang up for $98. Being the nice person I am I asked him if he wanted to grab a pair of socks or something else to get his total to $100. He declined. I restated it by saying, "you know if you add on a pair of socks they will be free and it will save you $40. He again said "no I'll just take the jacket". WHAT THE?!?! no. Normally I'm all about respecting the agency of others but seriously I could not, in good conscience, let this guy pay $100 when he could walk out with the same item for $60. So I told him I was going to grab him a chap stick- he could give it to him mom, his sister, keep it or throw it away but I was adding it on for him. I grabbed a yummy mint flavored "gap-stick" and saved the guy $40. Honestly, he was about 16 or 17 years old and probably thought I was trying to sucker him into something. which I wasn't.
I had a few other people who were also lacking in common sense...there were others who were spending $70 and didn't want to spend the time to find $30 worth of free stuff. Its like they didn't understand that they would be paying the same amount and getting more stuff. who doesn't want that?? I think people need to make sure when they leave the house they need to bring their brains along because sometimes retail people really are just trying to get you the best deal-especially since I don't work on commission. Sometimes it pays to set your ideas aside and listen to what you are being told...
1 comment:
and i bet once they figure it out they'll totally love you and want to come back cuz you hooked them up. :)
Post a Comment