Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What is that whistling sound?

Sometimes I wonder about mom's here in Utah county.  At the Gap we are getting new hardwood floors.  FINALLY!! They look awesome.  anyway, these new floors won't be completely done for about a month.  That means that right now our floors are plywood.  Unfinished, rough cut, splintery wood floors.  The floors aren't so bad when they are first laid but after a few days of fixtures being dragged across them and shoppers with strollers- there is chipping and breaking...  With that in mind I will tell you that today I saw 3 different toddlers running around the store with no shoes on.  Um, Mom your kid is going to get a dirty splinter in their foot and you are at the mall without tweezers.  So maybe either put the kid in the stroller you insisted on bringing in with you or put some dang shoes on the kid...it's really not rocket science.  Do what is best for you kids, not just what they like the best! 
Another mom- decided she would slide across the one finished section of floor with her boys.  Only problem was- mom was wearing heels.  Nice.  I wanted to tap her on the shoulder and say, "mom, how would you like it if I came into your newly remodeled kitchen and slid across your floors in my 4" heels?  Across those brand new floors you've been waiting ten years for- oh and I'm going to come do it before they are even done.  Before you have had a chance to see the finished product."  seriously I don't know what goes through these people's heads- besides air that is.   

 

No comments: