Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Do I Look Fat In This...??

Entrapment:  The luring by a law-enforcement agent of a person into committing a crime.  Okay- you are thinking "wow, that was random"  but I promise you it is NOT.  you have all hear the question, "Do I look fat in this..."  Same concept.  Person A lures person B into committing a crime.  They either have to lie or get in trouble for offending person A. 


Moral of the story: 

    DO NOT ask questions you don't really want the answers to. 

I taught myself this lesson a few years ago and have saved myself from unnecessary emotional wreckage.  How does one learn this lesson?  The key is- not to ask them until you are prepared to hear and accept ANY answer.  I usually think out the questions I'm going to ask.  Then I prepare myself for all the worst possible answers to the question.  If I am or can get to a point where I can accept the worst answer- then I allow the question to be asked out loud.  If I am not okay with the worst possible answer I don't let myself ask the question.  If I can handle the worst I can for sure handle the best. 

so to everyone in my life- if I ask you an awkward or uncomfortable question you don't have to worry about giving me the "right" answer- if I'm asking I've thought it through and I REALLY want to know the honest answer.  I suggest everyone learn this strategy.  Why? Because if you always ask questions expecting a specific answer you will be disappointed more often than not.  Also- Entrapment is never cool.  It's unfair and creates tension where it doesn't need to be.  So if you aren't prepared to hear that you look fat in that dress- don't ask!!

No comments: