"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
I'd rather scrub the toilet
I would say I am a pretty organized and clean person. I don't mind doing dishes, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, etc. I can do almost any chore/task and be fine- even enjoy it a little. I will confess that there are two things I just don't like to do. Not only do I not "like" to do them, it almost kills me to do them. I put them off and off until I can't put it off anymore. What are these horrific tasks?
1. Cutting my bangs. I don't know why I hate to do it so much. I cut people's hair all the time. I guess if I had to come up with a reason I would say it's because I have to leave my eyes open and then I get hair slivers in my eyes. Also, right after I cut them I have a hard time pulling them back- they are not long enough to stay in the bobby pins.
2. Putting my laundry away. I don't mind washing it but I just hate putting it away. In fact, most of the time, I just wear my clothes off the dryer or off the end of my bed. even right now I'm sitting across from a laundry basket of clean clothes that has been sitting on the fireplace for a week and a half. (yes I still have enough clothing that I can leave half of it on the dryer for two weeks and not have a problem getting dressed). I guess it has something to do with the fact that I work in a retail clothing store. I put clothes away all the time and I guess when I get home the last thing I want to do is fold and put away more clothes. Because at home no one is paying me to do it.
I know they are ridiculous things. But I kid you not, I'd rather clean the toilet or scrub the floor than put my clean clothes back where they go. A minor vice- but I'm sure it will drive my future husband crazy. Unless I no longer work retail- then maybe I can over come this flaw. maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment