Ugh some women- I seriously have to question their common sense. Let me back up. So today i'm leaving work and my co-worker says to me (about the UPS delivery) "Look Lori, we have lights" at that exact moment the power in the whole building shuts off. No lights, no music, no power. Awesome.
I stayed around for a few minutes just to help get things settled and in my very slow exit from the dark store I heard this conversation about 4 times in less than five minutes
WORK: "i'm sorry ladies, the power has gone out. we have called mall security and they are trying to get things going again"
Stupid woman: "the power is out? do you have register capabilities?"
Are you serious? I wanted to say, "well, when the power goes out at your house does your PC still work? HELLO- a register is a computer. Good ol' IBM. NO it does NOT work when the power goes out. It is a clothing store not a hospital...there is no "emergency generator". Your purchase or return is NOT life or death. If you can't say something smart don't say anything at all...
3 comments:
love this story lori :)
my favorite part of this story is the title :)
When I read this I thought "Come on, lady." Then I realized I just may be one of those ladies. Sometimes I say the dumbest stuff without thinking and then I'm completely embarrassed. I don't think I would've in this instance but I could totally see myself saying something equally as dumb. I have FULL-ON mom brain.
Post a Comment