Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Entitlement syndrome

Lets say you are walking through the mall with a pack of fruit snacks, fries, wheat thins..whatever snack you so desire...and I walk by and just help myself, "thank you I've been starving". You would probably be bugged or shocked at least....yes as you should be. That would be wrong of me and I would be, dare I say it, stealing from you. What is the definition of stealing?

1. To take (the property of another or others) without permission of right.

Yes that about sums it up so if that is not ok for me, why would ANYONE think it is ok to come into my place of work, reach over my register and help themselves to a coupon that I had not given them, that was not easily in their reach or facing them. The coupon did not say "please take one " or in some cases, "please take as many as you'd like". Seriously, people come in my store all the time and just help themselves to as many coupons as they would like. Perhaps if the coupon applies to you, you could wait until I offer it to you. It will save some embarrassment when I ask you to put it back because it doesn't apply to you. Crazy women- I won't steal your kids crackers if you don't steal my coupons. No matter how much money you want to save, no matter how bad your 18 month old NEEDS that coat it is NOT ok to just take stuff from behind my register. You are suffering from entitlement syndrome. you do not deserve everything you want just because you are breathing. sorry but you don't.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow. Some people have some nerve.

I'm sad to hear that you have to deal with that so much. I am happy to hear that you embarrass them over it. :D