"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Can't Get That Back
Oh traffic school. I don't think we should see each other again....EVER! I was really hoping for a good looking cop or an attractive man in the seat next to me. You know, just something to make the passage of time a little more enjoyable. Did I get that? NO. I did not. What did I get? I got about 4 people who had a comment or question for EVERYTHING the cop said. I am not exaggerating. I'm not sure what they were doing when the cop said, "depending on you and your questions this could either be 1.5 hrs or 2 hrs"....subtext: If you don't interrupt me you can be home a half an hour earlier. SCORE! Or at least it could have been. But it wasn't. And they did indeed ask stupid questions. Questions that were not pertinent to anyone in the room. For example, so you don't think I am being ungenerous, the officer mentioned that Utah and Texas are the only two states with an 80 mph area because Wyoming recently pulled theirs. After said statement, a kid in the back raises his hand and says, "well why did they lower the speed limit in Wyoming?" WHO CARES?!?! you don't live in Wyoming...why are you wasting my time!?! Keep it relevant. Or another kid grilling the officer about the difference between a drinking citation and a DUI and what the LEGAL limits are for under aged drivers. ummm...duh. There is no LEGAL limit because drinking under 21 is ILLEGAL! so it really doesn't matter. Also he told you three times already that if you are driving its a DUI...if you aren't driving it's not a DUI...because the D in DUI stands for DRIVING. They choose those letters for a reason. But thanks all the same for wasting my time with your endless questions Einstein. The evening was filled with questions and comments about similar things..."can't we force people to wear helmets" "people should have to take a motorcycle safety class in order to have a drivers license"...blah blah blah...the class would have been 3 hours if the officer hadn't speed through the last few items. There go two hours of my life I will never get back. If I ever get pulled over again I will just take the points on my record...bring it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment