Tuesday, April 3, 2012

This is The Voice

This is my frivolous post. Do you watch "The Voice"?  I just started this season and I think I like it.  I don't know if I like it enough to watch it again next season...but for now it's entertaining.  Anyway- my point: Every show I keep hearing the judges say, "oh your voice is so unique"  I disagree.  I think there are only a few women on the show this season with unique voices.  The rest of them just have one of two sounds.  The belt voice with lots of soul and runs or the bubble in the throat forced vibrato, don't open my mouth, indie sound that belts a few notes.  I hate the indie sound- maybe because I can hear the technical mis-steps...also, that can't feel good plus it's ugly.  I hope none of these girls make it very far.  I think I want a man to win.  Girls are annoying. 
one major pet peeve with shows like this...everyone tries to play the sympathy card.  They all have an epic tale of woe. My jaw was broken, I play on the streets, my mom is sick, I am homeless...blah blah. Yep that sucks.  Life is hard but this isn't about who has the saddest story- it's about who can sing the best right? whatever.

No comments: