"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
All The King's Horses...
I love my friends. They make me laugh. Which is probably why they are still my friends. Tonight after work I went out to play with said friends because laughing is one of my favorite things. The topic of dating came up (as it usually does) and I think we were talking about an awkward engaged couple we all know and agreeing on the theory that there is someone for everyone. Conversation goes as follows:
Amanda: "well for every humpty there is a dumpty"
Lori: ewww, I don't want to be dumpty. (what would you see if you were looking at a 'dumpty' person? - yuck)
Amanda: fine, you can be humpty.
Lori: I don't think I really want to be humpty either. (the connotation on that alone. no thank you)
Amanda: okay you can be tweedle dumb
Lori: no, the guy can be tweedle dumb, The girl can be Dee
Amanda: (completely serious) Tweedle Dee is a girl?? I thought they were both boys?
Mallory: (chiming in) No, Amanda. They ARE BOTH boys
Lori: except you were using them to describe a relationship so unless you are planning on a same sex relationship they need to take on gender roles.
I don't actually know if that's funny to anyone else. Perhaps you need to know Amanda, or perhaps you needed to be in the car having just watched a crazy show at the Hale and loaded with high quantities of hot chocolate. But I guess it's just a testament to how easily I am amused.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bahahah. Oh my. Love her. Sad I missed this moment!
Post a Comment