Sunday, December 18, 2011

Words to Live By

In relief society today the teacher passed around a HUGE basket of dove chocolates. It went around the room several times bringing joy to one and all. Well, as you may know, Dove chocolates have short sayings on the inside of each wrapper. I LOVE to see what mine will say. Most of the time they are pretty cheesy but today I found them particularly profound. Mine said:

Smile.
I fully support this. Everyone should smile and as often as possible. Men are that they might have Joy. Besides, everyone is more attractive with a smile on their face!

Dance with your heart.
If your heart is not in it then it isn't as fulfilling. I have done both. I have danced because I was told to, to get a grade, to pass a test, but the times I found the most joy in it was when I was competing or performing. I did both simply because I loved it!! Those who dance with their hearts are more fun to watch!!

You're gorgeous.
Always nice to hear, especially after you've chowed several pieces of chocolate ;) But mostly I just wish all women believed this about themselves. We are gorgeous- especially happy righteous women. I have so many gorgeous friends- they are an inspiration to me every time I see them.

Love yourself.
If you don't, it's hard to love anyone else. "love thy neighbor as thyself" We were all created by the same loving Father in Heaven- if others are worthy of love, YOU are just as worthy.

Get a good night's sleep.
Everything seems better when your mind and body are rested. Hope is restored when problems are faced with a strong mind and body. Also, it's just really good advice.

Seek out small pleasures.
Not everything has to be over the top. Sometimes the best thing in the world is a simple but meaningful conversation with a friend. Singing Disney songs in your car at the top of your lungs. Or Dove chocolates in Relief Society ;) (yes I ate six of them-stop judging me! haha)

*Not all sayings were so helpful- my dear friend Erin got two that said "Draw a hot bath" she thought maybe it was a hint that she needed one. Not so..my friend Erin smells good all the time. Love her!

No comments: