Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Always Last



I have said it before and I'll say it again, I get really really nervous when I sing in front of anyone. The longer I wait to do it the worse my nerves get. Last time I sang in church they had me sing before the first speaker- which was fantastic! No time to get nervous. It was over before I could think about it. Well, such is not the case at my voice recitals. I am almost always one of the last 3 people to sing out of a group of 15-20. I am not complaining really, I know it's good for me and I'm learning to control my nerves. Today I didn't get nervous until just four people before me. (Out of 18 that's not bad) Also, I got to sit by my friend Madison whom I LOVE. So there were lots of good things about going 2nd to last today. Also, I got to wake everyone up before they drove home :) j/k



Overall the recital went well. There were a few spots that I didn't feel were great- I've sung them 100 times better, but I have also sung them 100 times worse. So I feel pretty okay about the whole thing. Now I have to sing on Sunday and possibly a show in February...hooray for facing fears right?!

No comments: