"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Farewell to Facebook...
so after some careful thought and soul searching...I have decided that I am going to end my very long relationship with facebook. What started out as a wonderful thing has slowly turned into an unhealthy abusive relationship. Walking away is going to be tough...there will be a lot of pressure on me to stay and continue to be controlled by this very popular social networking world...but I just can't do it. Sunday will be my last day on facebook for awhile. I am not going to say forever because I know someday curiosity will get the better of me and I will reactivate the account...but until we can agree to be 'just friends' I am going to spend some time away. What does that mean for the blog?? well hopefully it means I will be able to show a little more devotion in that area of my life...i'm hoping to update it more frequently but who knows...good intentions right?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I got rid of my FB a while ago now. I LOVE IT!!! I admit occasionally I log in as Jeff to take a peek but it's only for about 10 minutes at a time, mostly because all his friends are all the friends I would necessarily keep tabs on. It's been a much healthier relationship for me and my blog hasn't fallen by the wayside since. You can do it!
Thanks for the encouragement Jen!!! I totally need it!
Lori you kill me.. but FB is ser. rediculous.. I have found that when i get on there I have to catch up on everyones latest stats us updates and photos and before I know it 2 hours has gone by such a waste of time.. and it is ser addicting.. you are smart.. i should do the same but curiousity gets the best of me too!
I guess that means I will have to start talking to you like a real "friend" through emails. I will have to check off of facebook too for the rest of the semester! Lori you are an inspiration:)
haha yes or you can just comment on here...i'm not giving up the blog :) and Melissa it was so good to see you today!! Love my hair!! and I found your blog :)
Post a Comment