Monday, February 22, 2010

How you say it...

I've discovered the very real truth to the statement "what you say is not as important as how you say it"...The last few days I have pretty much been addicted to the Olympics..if I'm not at work I am watching the winter games. I have discovered winter sports I didn't even know existed. One such sport is Ice dancing. I don't know how I missed it in the past, perhaps because I can't remember ever spending any time watching the winter Olympics....I am a HUGE fan of the summer Olympics but I somehow missed out on this other gem. Anyway, so I was watching Ice dancing with my mom last night and I said to her "if I could actually stay up on ice skates I think I would like to do ice dancing" to which she replied, "yeah I'm sure YOU would..its flamboyant" hum...interesting. Her voice inflection was amazing...I wasn't sure if I should take it as an insult or not..haha but its true...I like flashy stuff and I like to perform so I guess she's right but even though what she said was true..I would love it...the way she said it was somewhat insulting! Good thing she's my mom and I think she's funny!!