"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Hello??
I was working the morning shift today and let me begin by explaining that weekday mornings at the mall are not super exciting. There aren't too many people shopping right when we open. So to keep myself from being bored and having the day drag on I was working on running our new shipment. Anyway I was running out of hangers and there was one customer in the store with her two kids. I took the opportunity to run into the back room and grab the hangers I needed. Once I got back there the phone started ringing. Pretty typical...as soon as you walk away from the register the phone rings. I grabbed my hangers and as I opened the door back to the sales floor the phone stopped ringing. "cool, someone else picked it up". As I walked around the corner to the registers I realized yes someone else did get the phone..only this 'someone' was less than 3 feet all and probably 3 years old. As I tried to digest the situation and how to handle it I just looked at this small child saying "hello. hello. hello." And then I heard a woman's voice on the other side saying the same, "Hello??" I grabbed the phone explaining to the woman that I just wasn't fast enough and was relieved to find out it was an employees daughter...so funny and definitely a first!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kids do the funniest things. I love it!
Post a Comment