Since we were up and ready to go my sister, my niece, and myself decided it would be fun to hike up to Timp cave today. when we arrived to buy our tickets I took my niece in to use the restroom and let my sister get our tour tickets. When I met her outside it was 8:20am she informed me that the guy at the desk put us in the next available tour which would be...at 8:50am. WHAT?!?! we had 30 min to get to the top of the mountain that takes most people and hour and half to climb ...a mountain that is 1 1/2 miles up at a 6% incline (steeper in some places). Well, no sense wasting time complaining... off we went...we basically sprinted the first half of the mountain. At the half way point we ran into my friend Kenzie and her mom, who is a volunteer there. Her mom radioed down and arranged for us to make the next tour group...ah relief. We still had no idea what time the next group was so we kept right on sprinting...we finally made it to the top in 45 min. I think we probably could have made it in 30 if we'd have had to...but still 45 min is not bad. But the real kicker...once we got to the top we gave the guide our ticket and she said, "oh, your tour is not until 10:20am. Your hike starting time was 8:50am." WHAT?!?! I ran up a mountain for nothing?! haha oh geez she let us squeeze into her tour anyway which was fortunate cause I sure did not want to sit up at the entrance for 2 hours. I guess that's what happens when the ticket guy is distracted and you don't read your ticket. oh well it was a great work out anyway. The cave was awesome, i've been a few times and its still pretty cool. And then down we went, in another 45 min we were in the car. Round trip time for the whole 7 mile hike...2 1/2 hours. I think that might be a record...considering the tour itself is 40-50 min. woohoo! Guess i'm not as out of shape as I thought...what a nice surprise :)
No comments:
Post a Comment