Saturday, July 4, 2009

"I simply remember my favorite things..."

Have you ever had those moments where you are doing something totally un-extraordinary, something very 'every day' and you realize you love that thing...that happened to me last night. And then, once I recognized it I started thinking of all the little things I absolutely LOVE and then I couldn't STOP thinking about it. Probably a good thing but I really wanted to go to sleep as well so I decided to write them all down. in hopes that I will never forget the little things that make every day so great!


These are a few of my favorite things...
washing my make up off at night
snuggling up when its cold
standing in the rain
long walks
star gazing
having long/good conversations with my roommate until we both fall asleep
dressing up
perfume
campfires
the smell of new babies
red shoes
flip flops and slippers
walking barefoot through the grass
back rubs
having my hair played with
the smell of Christmas trees
just out of the oven cookies
laughing until my stomach hurts
driving with the windows down and singing with the music
reading a good book
the feel of clean sheets
children's books with really good illustrations
when people need me...just to listen
kissing a baby's cheek just after they wake up
trampolines
the way I feel every time the national anthem is sung
sitting in the temple all by myself
the sound of the wind blowing through the trees
summer thunder storms
changing out of my work clothes into comfy ones
roller coasters with my family
road trips with my parents
seeing couples who are so happy they 'glow'
watching old couples who are still in love
when I accomplish something difficult
when the leaves change color
when babies put their arms around my neck
...
yep ...There is just something so calming about recognizing the things that make you feel good! If you haven't made even a mental list of the things that make you happy I would totally recommend it!! "I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel ...so bad"

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a great list of things. It helped me remember to appreciate some of the daily things too.