Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mom loves me...what about you?

Recently a good friend of mine left on his mission (Australia, Mandarin speaking). But before he left he told me that when he gets home I am just the type of girl he is going to be looking to date. Totally sweet right? He's great- plus he sings like and angel. Anyway- I realized that conversation solidified my belief that 19yr old pre-missionaries, Parents, and bishops love me. The problem is- I just can't seem to convince their brothers, sons, friends, etc to love me as well. I guess there are worse things than having someones parents think you are a catch...I mean, it is rather flattering to have a guys mom think you are great and think her son is retarded for not seeing it...haha. Guess that's the way things roll sometimes.

5 comments:

EJ said...

LOL. That's funny, because I have mentioned to my wife on more than one occasion that I wish my son were older and back from his mission so I could set you two up. I know it's a little creepy with him only being 16 and all, and ultimately way too young to ever be in your field of play, but it's just that you're exactly the kind of girl this father would like his son to date and marry. :-) So...there's another anecdotal piece of evidence to corroborate your thesis. :-) Oh...btw...you're awesome!

EJ said...

I just realized that you may not know who "EJ" is. EJ = Eric Johnson. See ya!

Caitlin said...

Been there!!

Once I was at a work event, and a man told me he wished he could introduce me to his son. I said, "You know, I've tried that before, but it never works out as well as parents hope." And we left that one at that.

And you ARE awesome. :)

Lori Ann said...

haha Thanks guys!! I can always use further validation for my theories :) you are both fantastic!

Cassandra said...

Haha it is funny to read this blog tonight because as I was on facebook and saw a few things you said while interacting with others, the thought occured to me that gee, Lori is just full of personality and spunk and life, whoever gets her as a wife will be incredibly lucky. She's strong in her testimony, she's intelligent, has a great way to express herself, has a defined personality and is a girl all her own. There's so many neat things about you that it seems you're the type of girl a guy would write a song about. You are a strong and independent woman and when the right guy comes along he is gonna be in for a treat. No ordinary man will be enough... just keep waiting for extraordinary because that's what you deserve. And the right man will recognize all the wonderful things about you and act. :)