Sunday, September 25, 2011

More than a pretty face?

if you have spent anytime in Utah you know that it is full of really beautiful women. But I am going to go out on a limb here and say that a lot of those women pay good money for it-or I should say, their husbands pay good money for it. If you haven't been in Utah let me explain. Here in the land of Utah we have LOTS of bleached blonds, fake tans, bleached teeth, fake boobs, hair extensions, eyelash extension, and fake nails...these women spend their lives in the gym and I just have to ask myself ...is it worth it?? I mean I just wonder what their self-esteem must be like if they feel they need to go to such lengths to be beautiful. It becomes and addiction and for some, it stops being beautiful because its gone too far. By "too far" I mean, orange skin, spider looking eyelashes...come on...if it doesn't look real it counteracts the whole point of doing it in the first place right? The whole point is to pretend to the world that you were born like that-
It really just makes me sad that anyone feels they need to throw away their money on something so shallow. I'm not talking about you ladies who get your nails done once a week because it makes you feel sane- your time away to yourself. I'm talking about the women who are compelled to compete with every other woman around them because they feel like they have nothing else to offer the world...the women who feel like they need to be just like everyone else in how they look and what they wear, in what they think and even the way they talk...
the women who feel they have to look a certain way to catch a man...well, in my opinion, as off target as it may be, if you have to look that way to catch a man- he isn't worth catching. have some faith in who you are and what you can offer beyond being a trophy on someones arm. I think the women of Utah have far more to offer than just a pretty face...so maybe its time to start acting like it.

No comments: