"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Time to say goodbye...
I'm not going to lie, Sunday was a really hard day for me. I was released as the Relief Society President in my singles ward. Which, as many of you know, was something I was looking forward to. I have been in that position for about a year and a half and it has not been easy. I was very much ready to be done giving assignments and following up. I was just tired. So when the bishop told me there was going to be a change I initially felt very relieved. Well, Sunday rolled around and I was released in sacrament meeting. I handed over my binder and had to go to another meeting instead of relief society and that is where I began to struggle a bit. I have been in the presidency for 2 1/2 years. So for me to not be in relief society at all was awful. I felt like I was doing something wrong by not being there. Of course I knew I wasn't but it was weird. It was like quitting relief society cold turkey. I went from being in charge of everything to not even attending the meeting all within the space of a few hours. And then when when church was over, I hesitated to walk out the doors. I had a split moment where I thought..."I can't leave, there are still people in the building. I'm sure someone needs me to do something." I can't remember the last time I didn't have something to take care of after the block. I went home and had a small breakdown. It was weird to not be needed anymore, to not know what was going on, and to not have to follow up with anyone. I am sure it was just a let down of stress. I knew the change was coming...my time was up and it was time for someone else to learn and grow but its almost like I have to re-define who I am. I am excited for the change but its going to take a few weeks to re-adjust mentally to the change....but like all things in life its time to say goodbye to that chapter of my life and start a new one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It can be hard to finish up a calling. It becomes so much of who we are sometimes leaving us in a state of confusion when it's over. I'm sure that in the next few weeks you'll be engrossed in a new calling and it will start the process all over again.
Post a Comment