Monday, March 8, 2010

It's the LIttle things in life....or is it?

Has anyone ever noticed that TLC is obsessed with large families and little people? Every other show is "the Little" this and "the Little" that...couple, chocolatier, our little life, little people big world, 19 kids and counting, john and Kate + 8...I mean really I think the producers need to branch out just a little bit. Why must we only watch the extreme opposites...big families and "small" families...enough!! Now that I have made my feelings known on the subject I will descend from my soap box. Thank you.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Haha! It's true. It's funny and true!

Emily said...

I hope you got that that was a quote from Simpsons. I guess I can't just throw those out... cause they kind of make me sound dumb, if you don't know.

Anyway, moral of the story (in the last comment) is that it's funny.

Caitlin said...

I was just saying that the other day. I think it's pretty annoying, too! I just taught the TV chapter of Comms 101 (teaching @ byu this semester), and it made me long extra hard for the good old quality programming that used to be on tv (sigh).

Jen said...

I wish I had some whitty comment but you've already pretty much summed it all up....except, you missed that they have all the "you look horrible let's give you a make over" shows. That's TLC, right? What Not to Wear, How Do I Look?, and Ten Years Younger. Or is that the Style network? I really should've looked into this more before I started typing it down.