"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Friday, March 12, 2010
Just put a stamp on me!
Once upon a time, lets say March 4Th, I ordered a new voice book from amazon.com. In the past those books usually arrive at my house within about six days and in fact this one was scheduled to arrive at my house on March 9Th VIA USPS. When it wasn't here by Thursday I decided I was going to actually use that tracking thingy to figure out where it was. What I found was rather interesting...my package started in Arizona. From there it traveled to Colorado, to Ohio, to Kentucky, and is currently in Iowa. hum...isn't Arizona close to Utah?? I always thought so, but I guess if you choose free shipping as your option your packages get to tour the US. Does that make sense?? pay less and travel more...too bad the airlines don't operate on the same system as the unites states postal service :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is interesting. When I worked with UPS, I found that, typically, packages go through Kentucky first because that's where the main hub is, then they go on to their destination. Maybe USPS has something like that too. Even so, I find it strange too.
And they wonder why they're always having to increase rates and they aren't going to be able to afford to deliver on Saturdays anymore. What a waste.
haha I know right!! my thoughts exactly...airlines have hubs too but that doesn't mean EVERYTHING needs to go through them...the system obviously needs to be re worked to be more cost efficient. meanwhile...i'm STILL waiting for my stuff.
Post a Comment