Thursday, November 5, 2009

This is Halloween




This year for Halloween I had every intention of once again being Snow White. However, about 2 days before Halloween, this image popped into my head of an idea for a photo shoot. The image is hard to explain but it was somewhere along the lines of 80s rocker meets fashion runway model. Unfortunately I didn't own most of the necessary items one of which being...a tutu. So I headed out to the mall in search of stripped tights and black lace gloves gearing myself up to the fact that I probably wouldn't find anything I was looking for because hello- a tutu...who has that?!? Once inside the mall I decided to just go straight to hot topic-a scary store but probably the only non-traditional store in Utah county. Much to my surprise they not only did they have a tutu, they had probably 15 different tutu's to choose from, multiple stripped tights, colored hair extensions, and multiple kinds of fingerless gloves...Jackpot!!! I ended up spending an entire hour in hot topic and left feeling pretty good about my accomplishment. I decided that Halloween was going to be a test run for the shoot. Sadly, I had to work until 6 and I had a party to be at that started at 8. That left me only two hours to clock out, drive home in some traffic, do my hair and make up, change, and drive back down to Provo. I knew that time would be my enemy and it was. I got the outfit figured out but my make up took about 45 min which meant the hair didn't quite make run way status, but the teal streak was pretty sweet...and after all that work I decided I didn't like my eye make up after all...but I guess that's why it was a test run. And on the not so down side of it...that means I will just have to dress up again to get it right next time :) And it gave me a legit reason to dress up...I would have done it anyway but at least this way no one looked at me weird for bowling in a tutu.

No comments: