Thursday, November 5, 2009

Check off the Bucket List







Since I was in High school, maybe longer I've wanted to go to Disneyland for Halloween. So I got time off work because some friends and I were going to go but then all of a sudden no one could go anymore. I still really wanted to go because I knew I would not be getting anymore time off work until sometime after February. I asked around and no one could go, I started to get discouraged and decided maybe I shouldn't go. I had pretty much decided it wasn't going to happen and I was totally depressed. At almost the last minute my sister Shannon decided to ditch her kids and go on a road trip with me to LA. So we booked a cheap hotel and drove to Disneyland. I also happened to have this amazing friend who I've known since I was 14 who drove down and gave us free park hopper passes into Disneyland. So basically all my dreams were coming true...OK not all of them...but it was still pretty amazing.

It was so fun without kids. My sister and I rode all the big kid rides and skipped the lame ones like Winnie the pooh. We dodged the crowds, learned how to be fast pass whores, embarrassed ourselves, and walked until my feet were (and actually almost a month later one still is) literally bruised. It was a little on the crowded side, but since neither of us was there for the first time we only rode what we wanted and as many times as we wanted. The whole trip was pretty much unplanned...just do as you want for three days and then home in record time. It was just what I needed and I checked off a life long goal...Disneyland in October :)

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

what fun! i just found your blog on facebook - we need to do lunch or something . . . I've got about 6 more months in Utah!

Emily said...

How fun! I'm so jealous. We went in Sept a few years ago, and it was decorated for Halloween. It was so cool. They've added more since then, so I'm sure it was even cooler this year.