Saturday, March 12, 2011

Where have I been??

I really stink at blogging. But let me tell you why. On Monday (of last week) I worked all day. Then Tuesday morning I got my hair done, then I caught a shuttle to the SLC airport. I had a connecting flight through Vegas and once I got to my new gate found out that all of the airlines computers were down and they had to hand write everything. Which meant that my flight to orange county was delayed by an hour. Great. I flew to John Wayne airport, grabbed another shuttle and finally got to my brother's hotel. The next two days I partied in Disneyland- my very favorite place to go. Then Friday at 4:30 am (pacific time) my shuttle picked me up and I caught a 7am flight back to SLC. I managed and hour nap before I got up showered and headed over to pick up my friend Dan and headed down to BYU. Once there I registered for my voice competition and waited. They were behind schedule by 30 min so we waited in the hall. Finally we went in, Dan played and I sang- "now that I've seen her" from miss Saigon and "gimme Gimme" from thoroughly modern Millie. I drove Dan home and waited to hear the results from my voice teacher. He called me about an hour later to tell me I placed first in my division. Which meant it was off to bed. I woke up the next morning, picked up Dan again and headed back down to BYU. I sang just one song in the final round, Gimme Gimme. I won first place! woohoo. Then by the time I got home I was totally sick with the flu- but not the quick 24 hr kind. I spent the next 4 days in bed and then went to work for the next three which leads to today in which I had a hair and make up appointment to prep my sister and my niece for the US continental Pageant. Ok that's where I've been. and my next successive posts will be pictures and greater detail about the things I've just discussed...except for the sick part. I probably won't post pictures about that. :)

No comments: