Saturday, September 4, 2010

WHY??!!?!

I think If I try to cram anything else into my head today my brain may swell and explode. I am studying for the GMAT (so I can apply to the MBA program at BYU). The GMAT is probably one of the most horrible tests ever. I took a practice test last night and realized just how much I have forgotten. Lets talk about the math section. It was like trying to take a test in another language. I recognized the words but I didn't know what they meant. Its not even stuff that should be hard, its high school algebra. But if my life had depended on it I still couldn't have figured it out last night. I was so mad at myself, seriously I got A's in High school algebra but it has been 13 years since I've even looked at it. I thought I was so clever testing out of math in college-Even the answer explanations in the book are confusing.
The English section was a little easier for me, I didn't totally fail that part. However, the ones I did miss are still frustrating for me because even after I read the answer explanations I don't always agree with them. Especially on the sentence correction...I still think my choice is the best and their explanation contradicts everything I ever learned in English. AHHH worst test ever! What in the world was I thinking?!?! I have to take it, I paid almost $300 to take it...but it just might be the death of me.

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

Yikes! You're brave to even sign up. You can do it! You can do it!

Jen said...

When is it?

Lori Ann said...

brave or incredibly stupid...not sure yet. It is Nov. 6th so I have a little bit of time...but i'm going to need every second.

Jen said...

Yikes.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to do it.

Brittney Stirling said...

Oh dang I do not envy you! But seriously they're right you can do it! let me know how it goes :)